Put Your Passion for Wildlife to Work!
We are currently recruiting for Information Ambassadors ONLY.
Information Ambassadors contribute 60 hours each year or more after completing a fun and thorough training checklist. They interact with visitors in a variety of ways:
- Greet and assist guests
- Answer questions at several information stations
- Assist with special events and more, all while meeting people from around the world in a beautiful setting.
Active Information Ambassadors have the opportunity to train to become Interpretive Volunteers, educating guests about animals and conservation at specific stations.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Have a positive attitude and strictly adhere to our world-class policies, procedures, grooming and customer service standards
- Complete an online application, including references
- Successfully complete an interview with our volunteer interview panel'-Attend and complete Orientation
- Attend and complete three scavenger hunts and two mentor sessions
Commit to volunteering a minimum of 60 hours annually.
NOTE: There is no animal handling or direct animal contact involved with any of our volunteer opportunities. We currently do not have volunteer opportunities for teens under 18 years of age, but those interested may be able to get involved by visiting the Education section of our Web site. Visit the 'Teens' section on the Education home page for more information. Also, please note that our volunteer opportunities are primarily long-term. We invest a great deal of resources into our volunteer program and do not offer one-time/short-term community service projects. Thank you!
"Being a volunteer lets you meet guests from all over the country and the world. It is educational and entertaining."—Joyce Pickersgill
Current Active Volunteers
Log in to the Volunteer Information Center here.